Emergency care for Companion/Small animal patients is available at our office from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm by calling 507-233-2500. After 10:00 pm, emergency calls and questions will be provided by Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Services in Eden Prairie at 952-942-8272 or The University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine at 612-626-8387.
When does your pet need immediate veterinary assistance?
- Major trauma (hit by a car, fell out of a window, dog fight)
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Difficulty breathing
- Frequent vomiting within a short period of time
- Non-responsive or comatose (loss of consciousness)
- Seizures (just a phone call may help)
- Being in labor for over 30 minutes without producing a puppy or kitten
- Lacerations (healing is improved with early closure)
- Extreme pain