Our on-call veterinarians provide after-hours urgent care Monday-Friday from 5:30pm until 10:00pm, Saturday from 1:00pm until 10:00pm and Sunday from 7:00am until 10:00pm by calling 507-233-2500. After 10:00pm, you will be directed to Blue Pearl Pet Hospital in Eden Prairie.
This service is provided to current clients of and New Ulm Regional Veterinary Center and River Hills Pet Care Hospital. Once your pet has been evaluated, we will provide a treatment plan for services at our clinic or refer your pet to another location that provides 24-hour care. All medical decisions and recommendations are at the on-call veterinarian’s discretion.
All payment is due in full at time of service. For information on alternative payment options, please see our website for links to Scratchpay and Care Credit.
We will likely recommend a referral to AERC or Como Park for any exotics in need of emergency care after-hours.
Blue Pearl Specialty and Emergency Pet Hospital
University of Minnesota
Phone: 612-626-VETS (8387)
Animal Emergency and Referral Center of Minnesota
Como Park Animal Hospital and AfterHours Veterinary Care
Pet Poison Helpline
When does your pet need immediate veterinary assistance?
- Major trauma (hit by a car, fell out of a window, dog fight)
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Difficulty breathing
- Frequent vomiting within a short period of time
- Poisoning (before calling us, call Pet Poison Helpline 855-764-7661 to determine if you need to be seen)
- Unable to urinate
- Non-responsive or comatose (loss of consciousness)
- Seizures (just a phone call may help)
- Being in labor for over 30 minutes without producing a puppy or kitten
- Lacerations (healing is improved with early closure)
- Extreme pain